Friday, October 17, 2008

Knitting was done, but not much

The saga goes on. I continue to try to knit, but fail miserably most days. I decided that my desire for yarn could be quenched by casting-on for another project. As I am determined to finish the commission knitting before moving on to my own projects (read: Christmas is doomed) I went for another scarf. This is in Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed in Timber with the Jaywalker pattern. There is nothing to see however. I have cast-on and frog said scarf at least 4 times. These at the ones I remember, there may have been a few when I was initially casting-on. The first, I only did one repeat and a seed stitch boarder. ( I do LOVE seed stitch). Verdict: Too narrow. I did some research, and find another (though very similar) pattern with two repeats. Verdict: The chevron is in a bad ratio with the boarder and it is a bit too wide. I recast on with a smaller number of stitches to correct this. Verdict: Wrong number of stitches. I cast-on the number I thought, turns out however, that I did the math wrong. (Again) I have since cast-on again, but have not knit past the bottom seed stitch boarder. (If someone can tell be about another well balanced stitch that looks as pretty as the seed stitch, I'd love to hear about it.) I am also determined to knit one square of the checkerboard scarf everyday. That way I get it done and I don't get too tired of it. Or at least not any more tired of it than I am now.

1 comment:

Lah Lah said...

I share your pain.

I'm having the frogging/trying again problem with some crochet gloves - and they're for a birthday at the beginning of November!

I wish you luck with the scarf.