Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back to our regularly schedualed knitting

I am back to working on MY Christmas gifts. Mom’s gift was slow going before, but now it has been languishing for 13 days. Today I finally was able to take off the purple caps and reattached my much used size 7’s.

As I was knitting the wedding scarves, I thought the connecting ends of my needles looked duller. Well, it is definite now. The difference between the needles and the cord is fairly visible. I have mixed feelings about this, as I do with most things. This tarnish does nothing to the effectiveness of my needles. All it is, is the look. This could be seen as a badge of honor. Vintage needles, and heirlooms are made by being used. On the other hand, I LOVE shiny things. And these were a gift from my mother and I pride myself on how well I keep my things. I guess I'm worrying about nothing; it's not like I can fix it (Can I?), or I'm going to buy a whole other set just to replace my non-shiny 7's.

I also have a set of 3's that did this, though they just look darker. I guess it much be knit picks nickel plating.


No comments: