Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blogtoberfest

This just might be the kick I need to keep blogging. I’m not sure WHO I’m trying to kid with that idea, but someone must think it’s funny. I really do feel that blogging is something I should do. I did have a journal, and wrote in it fairly often. Then my husband bought me a really nice journal, and I stopped. Why? Because I began to work. When I was a SAHW (no kids, so I can’t have a M), I would have tons of feelings, and ideas to write. I got very emotional and my marriage had problems. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA, as we say in our house. But when I started working, it all went away. Eventially..


Now I work a lot. I'm at work by about 7:15, and I leave anytime between 4:30 and 6:30. I do not get an hour lunch (I get 30 minutes at best), and I have one 10 minute break at around 10. I gets to be a long day at around 11. I go in on the weekends as well. So far the last two Sundays. I am fighting sleep by 8 p.m.

I know this is in no way healthy, but I can't help it at this time. I am a bit (read: really) disorganized and I tend to work on larger, not really necessary project, rather than the stuff that needs to be done for tomorrow.

Oh well, I don't want to think about work when it isn't around yet. Knitting has been constant the last two weeks. And boy do I have stuff to show for it. Two, count them, two cabled scarves. While a tad narrow, the one with the twist cable comes out at 75" (6' 3"), and the one with the braided cable is 64 (5' 4"). Both are a respectable size for their recipients, 6'+ and 5' 4". Each one took a week. The longer one was exactly a week, and I finished the other yesterday night. So 13 days. And now until my yarn order than has all of my other commission projects arrives (ETA: Saturday), I get to knit whatever I want!!

No comments: