Monday, March 24, 2008

In which I feel very accomplished

Almost impossibly it seems, I have finished the Secret of the Stole ii, now known by it's proper name, Savannah. I finished it Friday night, when I also blocked it. This projects has been a lot of firsts for me. It was my first KAL, my first big project, my first real lace project, and the first project I have needed to really block. Before I had knitted lace dishcloths, and og course blocked them, but a little 8 inch square really can't tell you how well you block, or how much blocking is needed for certain projects.

And now, pictures

Before blocking:

While Blocking:
And after blocking:

It seemed to have shrunk a bit after blocking. I was worn, but I'm not sure it t his is normal, or if I blocked it poorly (not wet enough). Not the best picture, I know, but I had hoped to get pictures of me wearing it yesterday, after I had spent hours getting ready, but it just never happened. Maybe later. I did get a picture of it with my favorite piece of furniture in my home.

Pattern: Savannah- Secret of the Stole ii
Yarn: 2 1/3 skeins Knit Picks Shadow in Lost Lake Heather
Needle size: US 2
Started: January 18th
Completed: March 21st

After it was off the needles, I felt compelled to do something with the 2/3 of a skein. A scarf was started and frogged. Then I decided that since we just got new cell phones (something I still feel was a great mistake), I should make something for the husband as he has a tendency to be rough on electronics. Unfortunately, he took it with him this morning, so pictures will have to wait.

No comments: