Saturday, March 15, 2008

I knit slow, but dream big.

There has not been much knitting this week. I am trying my hardest to catch up in the Secret of the Stole ii KAL. I have been behind on the clues since I spent a weekend at Dillon Beach. I try to knit at night, but that is not always what happens.
I have a job that I CANNOT knit during. I work from 7:30 to around 5 or 6, whenever I get tired enough and decide I can't get anymore done. I walk the 30 minutes home and I try valiantly to eat dinner and sit down for some serious knitting, but (quite literally) three days out of five, I'm asleep by 9:30. Wednesdays are usually good for knitting, as the husband is off with friends, but this week I had a late meeting, and he stayed home. 2 rows. Fridays are also good, I somehow can stay up later. 20 rows. I am now working on clue 8.
Meanwhile, I haven't even swatched for Dem Fisher, and it's already over. I also need to swatch for Mystic Light, and fully intend to do both this weekend. Of course, this is where I severely overestimate my knitting ability, and the amount of time I won't be cleaning, or going in to work.

In fact, the last time I saw with the group on SOTSii, it was clue 5, and I won a prize.
If I was braver, I might dye it.

No comments: