Monday, July 28, 2008

True success

I made quite a few goals for myself this summer, many of which will not be completed. I am ok with this. I knew that it might be too much, and I was distracted by some other projects. It's not to say I won't have some others of my goals finished before my summer is officially over, but the most important one is.

My Cable Net socks. I spoke on length about this projects in this post, so I won't go into too many details. The point is, they are done. DONE Done done-y done done done. I am happy with them, they fit extreamely well and are not completely itchy like my last (and first) socks. These are my fifth completed socks and the second for me. My plans for these: never wear the until next year!

What! you say. How can you say such a travesty? Do you know how many knitter's families would like a completed pair of socks, instead fo having them be WIP set aside for more interesting, popular projects?

I am tremendously proud of these socks, and want as many people as possible to see them. I want to submit them into either the state fair, or the local county fair. Since the deadlines have past for both, I have to wait for next year. I also want to see what kind of things get submitted. I put in a few things for the county fair this year, since it was cheaper, and I was less intimidated by the local fair. I'll find out how I did by the end of the week, and maybe I'll go see the state fair so I can better judge what I should put in next year.

No comments: