Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Confessions

I have not been blogging for two reasons, and I am going to be perfectly honest here. One, I have been busy outside of the house for the last week, and time in the house without the husband has been limited. Let me clarify that. I do not blog when the husband is around. Why you might ask. "Are you making a concerted effort to spend evenings together?" No. In fact, it is a normal occurance for the TV to be on, and both of us to be on our laptops all at the same time. Usually one of us is watching the TV and surfing (me) or writing (him), while the other watches a show on their laptop (some anime for him, and Doctor Who for me). The fact I don't write the blog in front of him is because I don't really want him involved. He has to deal with my knitting obsession every other time of the day and the blog is so I don't have to tell him EVERYTHING. Bottom line, I blog to save his sanity.

Reason two, and here is where the ugly truth comes in. I have been knitting, and in fact have finished a few projects, but I refuse to call them finished on Ravelry, or talk about them here unless I get a picture. I have not taken pictures of my FOs because I would like natural light to have good pictures, but to get natural light you have to go outside and to go outside (here's the kicker) you have to get dressed. And I don't want to.

It is hot here in my little part of the world, and I won't turn on the air conditioner. (I also can't, but that's another story.) So getting up the effort to put on jeans in 90-100 degree heat is just not worth it, especially if I'm only going to have to go out in the horribly smoky heat, just to come in 5 minutes later, strip off the heavy clothes and return to my cotton jammies. (You might be able to guess where abouts I live from that.) I will get pictures soon. Maybe even today. After reading that back, I'm a little ashamed of myself. I'm an adult, I probably should make an effort to get dressed when I'm not sick.


Oh, in case you're all wondering what I do when it comes to work, I'm on vacation. So it's not like I'm walking into an office in bunny slippers and a robe or anything,

No comments: