Monday, July 14, 2008

Pictures galore!

So, I was properly shamed after the last post and I immediately got dressed and took pictures of all my projects.

I finished a pair of hats and a pair of fingerless mitts. (Although, when I described them as such to my family, they didn't really get the picture. A better description became wrist warmers with a thumb .)

First up:Pattern: Odessa by grumperina
Yarn: Crystal Palace Merino 5 in white
Needle size: 6
Started: June 20
Completed: June 22

After I made my mother's Odessa, I knew I wanted one for myself. I bought two of these skeins, but found that the hat as written would take a little of the second. I decided to end the hat a little early to save the entire second skein. The hat is a little small, but I think I can live with it. It yarn did break A LOT as I threaded the beads. One ply would break, then the rest would quickly follow. But don't worry, the yarn got it's revenge. I actually broke my big eye needle too working on this .

Next:
Pattern: Black Sea Hat by; grumperina
Yarn: Most of one skein of Frog Tree Pima Silk in purple
Needle Size: 4
Started: June 22
Completed: July 1

I had purchased two skeins of this yarn at the closing of Knitter's Playground in Davis, in order to make a hat for my mom. I did make the hat (the Odessa), but it only took one skein. I decided to make this hat for myself with the leftovers, but couldn't find the beads. So I used the extras from MY Odessa.

Then:
Pattern: Fetching
Yarn: Crystal Palace merino 5 in white
Needle: 5
Started: July 2
Finished: July 4

I am working on stash busting as well as my summer goals. Since Odessa only took up one skein, I decided to make these out of the second one. I still have 11 yards left, but I consider it used up or all intents and purposes.

And because I never can be idle:

This is Anthopologie-inspired Capelet. I added a few modifications, and since this is a long enough post (although slightly dry) I'll post about it tomorrow.

No comments: