Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What was accomplished on my 2nd day off.

I spent most of the weekend at a cabin on the Russian River, where I finished the first Pomatomus sock. (I cheated with the picture in a few posts back.) The rest of the weekend was spent casting on and frogging a Kiri shawl, knitting a swatch or the Apres Hoodie, and knitting most of a Dumpling Bag. As for the Kiri, turns out the yarn I had was cobweb weight and looks awful on size 3. But of course, I'm using my 2's for a million other projects, and I don't own a circular 1. The swatch is complete, and drying on my table. Since I don't turn on my heater, it should be dry by next weekend. I really ought to knit that Hoodie; it will eat up a lot of my stash. Not to mention, I could have it in time for the cool spring in a couple weeks. The Dumpling bag. Ahhh, it is everything they say it is. Quick. (I knit it in a day) Cute. (It is totally perfect for more weekends.) And a beautiful canvas for creativity. (I spent an entire day just embellishing it.)FO: Dumpling Bag
Yarn: 1 entire skein of Berroco Peruvia in black

Needle: size 13

Other: Two glass rings, one clear, one black, from Micheals
Mods: I only made one mod to the main pattern, and that was to skip the last plain knit row and just decrease straight to the last 24 stitches. I had enough yarn or one more row, so that was it.
As to the embroidery, I didn't have any colors in the way of flowers and tree branches, well, most no tree branch colors, so I took a look at what I had and went with it. I had half a ball of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Cloud from a tam, and Patons Classic Wool in Grey from the Turn-a-square for my brother. There were other scraps I considered using, but I'm going to try to make another tam out of the rest of my Karaoke. Now, I bought two skeins in black and red, thinking I would need 2 for one bag. I definitely will make another in red, but I'm not sure about making 3 more. I am tossing around the idea of a checkered bag, but I think it would get too complicated trying to math out the size of each square between decreases and a major change with felting.

No comments: