Monday, February 9, 2009

Hemlock Ring Blanket blues

91 stitches. That is how many stitches I had left too bind off before I ran out of yarn. I have a couple lines on the same dye lot on Ravelry, so I just have to be patient.

I am NOT buying yarn this year, so this will have to be the exception. Actually, I won a bet with the husband that allows me for one exception up the $50. Hopefully he won't consider buying someone's partial skein to be that exception.

I finished a pair of socks! They turned out too big, but I should have expected that. The pattern in lacy and the yarn has a good deal of elastic in it. They fit my mom's size 9s!
FO info
Pattern: Ribbed Lace by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Patons Stretch Sock in Plum
Started: January 15th
Finished: January 27th
Modifications: I made one on the first sock. The pattern says to have an extra purl stitch at th beginning on the foot, but I accidentally made it at the end.

Notes: I had to get used to not pulling the yarn completely. The colors really hide the pattern, but I knew it would happen on anything but a plain vanilla sock, and I really wanted a pattern. These socks actually stay up, and you can see the pattern when I wear them over trouser socks. Because of my calves (I consider them heifers), these socks won't stay up by themselves. They slip to just below the swell of my muscle. I have large calves, 14 inches, compared to my ankles
, 8 3/4 inches, so I will have to add increases (decreases) to make over the calf socks.

No comments: