Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pomatomus Progress or Alliteration Attempts


My last pair of socks came out to big for a number of reasons, so I am determined to have one pair of socks I can wear. I knit these on size 0 needles, since all the others gave me too big of a gauge. As this pattern is very stretchy, I figured less stretch the better. I mean, really, I buy 9 packs of generic socks that fit size 6 to 12. My sock should be more snug.

Wow, is it ever snug. The leg and foot are tight, but I think it is a good tight. Now I just have to make sure I only knit the foot small enough to fit when stretch rather than make the mistake I did last time and start the foot when it reaches my toes relaxed.

I finished the toe, but it was too short, so I ripped back and added about an inch. After blocking (though it is not completely dry), it fits pretty well.

No comments: