Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The rest of the Christmas gifts

As Christmas is over, I can post the rest of the gifts I had been knitting.

All of these were for my mother:

Pattern: Entrlac Scarf
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Boku
Needles: 7


This took a while as I stopped knitting it for the commission knitting. I didn't block it, since I
wasn't sure if mom would like it one way or the other.


Pattern: Aran Isle Slippers
Yarn: Malabrigo in Buscanda Azul

Needles: 6

I knit the largest size on smaller needles, as I wasn't getting gauge. Unfortunately they turned out too big after blocking. Mom is going to unblock them, and if that doesn't work, we'll felt them a bit. I don't think mom was too pleased with them.
Pattern: Calorimetry
Yarn: Malabrigo in Buscanda Azul

Needles: 6
Made this with the left overs from the slippers. I made a mistake by not knitting both sides evenly, so when I was doing the short rows back, I had too many stitches on one side. I fixed it, but then knit too many rows. I had to cast off two rows early so I would have enough yarn. I think this will be used the most. Mom puts a handkerchief over her hair when she cooks or cleans, and this will be a more stylish alternative.

No comments: