Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Completing the first round

Half of my immediate family lives far away, and so all presents must be sent in advance. I was hoping that my package would have been sent out yesterday.... but I'm still one hat shy. And this one will have to be blocked within an inch of it's life. And since that part of the family rarely goes on the internet (at least last I checked that sort of thing) I can post their soon to be wrapped and shipped presents. For my step-mother
Project: Multidirectional scarf

Yarn: Patons SWS in Natural Earth

Needles: 6

No modifications on this. Simple, just let the yarn do the work for you. I received quite a few compliments as I knit this, and I think mom wants one too.
For my "little" brother
Project: Turn a Square

Yarn: Patons SWS in Natural Denim and Classic Wool in Dark Grey Multi

Needles: 6 and 7
Really love this. I was afraid the top might be too girly. I also cut out a yard or so of particularly purple/blue. With a 15/16 year old boy, you never can be too sure what will make something unwearable. The husband will also be getting one of these, and probable one for myself as well, and with as much self striping yarn as I have left over from things, one of our friends might get one too. And for my father: Pattern: Fake Isle Hat
Yarn: Patons SWS in Natural Denim and Classic wool in black

Needles: 7

I had knit one of these for myself, and I knit it too short, so with this one I knit it exactly as the pattern stated. It was tight and long, but after blocking, it should fit my father.

No comments: