Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Knitting

I'm sure everyone is in a frantic knitting fury, and I am no different. All my commission knitting is done with these scarves: Project: Princess Scarf
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential in Princess Multi

Needles: 1 1/2
Pattern: A highly modified Jaywalker


Project: Purple Scarf
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed in Eggplant

Needles: 1 1/2

Pattern: A highly modified Jaywalker

The lady who asked for the scarves liked the brown one I made, and preferred the thinner size, so I simply repeated it for the last two. I'm not really happy with either too much: the Princess
looks like a strange tiger stripe pattern, and the purple just doesn't have enough variation to be interesting. I finished a much more enjoyable project for my cousin.


Project: American Lobster in Germany
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Firecracker Heather
Needles: size 4
Pattern:
Knit Lobster

I loved how this turned out. The tail alone took an hour, but that really was the most fiddly part. I did modify the claws. I didn't like how the I-cord claw looked, so I picked up some stitches from the side of the larger half of the claw, then decreased. My cousins brings a few stuffed animals with them when they come to America to visit, two of which are crabs. There weren't any super cute crab patterns, so I thought a lobster was the next best thing.

No comments: