Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And it is coming to a close

My summer is rapidly coming to a close. I won't have made ALL of my goals, but I thought that might happen. Truthfully, the deluge of cables was what slowed me down the most. I am also getting antsy. I knit 20 stitches, then get up for something, sit back down, repeat for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I cast on for Shedir on Sunday, and have been working steadily on it ever since. I'm using a worsted weight, so I think I'll only by knitting three repeats rather than 5.

Hopefully this will be finished before the week it out. I will post the round up of my summer goals either on Friday, or Sunday. (Guess it depends if I can finish the hat quickly.)

EDIT: FINISHED!

I made this post, was going to add an in-progess photo. but got distracted, and finished it.

Pattern: Shedir
Yarn: 1/2 Skein of Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Worsted in Carolina Blue
Needles: Size 3 Knit Picks DPN Nickle plated
Started: August 3rd

Completed: August 7th

I modified this slightly, as I was using a worsted weight. I used the recommended needles from the pattern, as I am a loose knitter, but I only did 3 out of the recommended 5 repeats of the pattern. I read in many projects they only used 4, so I figured the thicker yarn wouldn't require as many. All almost all my hats are, it is a bit too small. I have a large head, and I always over estimate how much the decreases will be. I'm not sure why I keep knitting beanies. They are not very flatering on me IMO; I look like a man. (Although, that isn't me in the photo.)

Next set of goals, only ONE cabled project.

No comments: