Friday, June 6, 2008

My progress so far

First can I say, woah! I took a look at my site counter and it had jumped like 60 in a few days. I am happily shocked. And on to the knitting!

I finished the Manly Man socks that day.
Pattern: Baby Rib Cable from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Borroco Comfort Sock in Steward Island 1812
Size: About a man's 9~9 1/2
Modifications: I made a shorter leg than the book recommended for that size, as suggested by the husband.

I really liked this yarn at first. It is very soft, as it is a super fin nylon and acrylic. It is also machine washable. I am giving these away at Christmas, and I don't want to give burdens of hand-washing. The color repeat is fairly long, but not so much as I could not make matching socks. However as I compare the two socks, the first one seems a bit duller. I suspect it is from some pilling due to the fact I carried it around as I knit the second so I could compare stripes. I named these Manly Man socks because they will be gifted to a man, but I am not sure who. I was shocked to find most of the men in my life have size 9 feet, or there abouts. Odd, and extremely convenient.

I worked on the dreaded Cable Net sock.
This pattern just takes soooooo looonnng. I had one repeat done in January, and I have now completed another one and a half. It is not diagonally striping like the other sock, but I am attampting to keep it going somewhat. I am resigned that they must be fraternal twins. There is NO WAY, I'm going to frog these things! This was actually my first Yarn Store purchase. Before it was all Red Heart and Micheal's. It sat in my stash for months, as I had to find the perfect pattern, since I was "never going to spend that much on yarn" again. Ahh, how the mighty have fallen. Truth be known, my mom bought the yarn for me, saying that since they were for me I should splurge. My mother buys me too many things, but that is a different post.

This is not all I have done, but I think I will save the rest of my progress for later. This post might get too long, if I continue. Until later.




Ok, one little hint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Tangled Yoke Cardi is on my wishlist! And I *love* the Cabled net sock :)