Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Almost there

No pictures, sorry. The husband had to steal the camera.

I reached the unfortunate "I'm done with this, but it isn't done with me" stage on the Tangled yoke about half a week ago. The cables are what done it to me. I now realize why I can't pick up the Cable Net sock. They take so long, and are so fiddly. I love the way they look, but between these two projects, I am DONE with cables for a while.

I finished the collar, and was extremely happy with it. I had never done a three needle bind off, but I really like the results. I tried to do the button band, but I started on the right side instead of the wrong. (Ironic...) I then decided to re pick up the stitches as I had not done it too evenly. I was worried that since I couldn't pick the stitches up in the same way on the other side, the ribbing wouldn't match. I now no longer really care... but I still ripped it out. The stitches were stretched out, so I decided to "block it". It's more like soak it then lay it out. But I can see why swatches lie. I picked up the sopping thing and it just stretched. With all that weight from the water and the rest of the cardigan, I'm now worried it will be huge, hah! and I was worried the fronts would be too small. I squished it around a bit, so I think it will be ok. With the heat here, it's almost dry. In the meantime I'm working the cabled heel flap of the Cable Net.


No comments: